I love bows. If you know me, you know this. If you don't know me, you may have already picked up on this. And if you didn't, don't worry, there's still plenty of content that should help give it away. I'm not sure if I can pinpoint the exact time this love affair began.
Perhaps it was my 4th birthday party dress that had three pastel bows on the dropped waistline.
Or maybe it was the perfect little tie on my ballet shoes during my first recital at 6 years old.
Or it could have possibly been a combination of Barbie and Minnie Mouse, my childhood idols who may have helped shape the person I am today, or at least the way I dress and how I drive (more to come on this in future posts). And I know what you're thinking, but Barbie actually IS a good role model. She was a teacher, a doctor, the first woman in space, (10 years before Sally Ride) and clearly quite the multi-tasker.
Whatever the reason, I love bows. I love that they represent femininity and girlish whimsy. And I love that the represent me. And with that, here is the lead in...
This is my blog, or my BOW-log, if you will. I have been talking about starting one for years now, but there was always some excuse:
1. I don't have time (true, but I can always make it!)
2. My computer is too old (true, but it still gets the Internet)
3. My skin is terrible and I'm embarrassed to post pictures (WAS true, but thanks to the wonders of Acutane and an awesome dermatologist, it's looking much better these days)
4. I don't know how to format a blog (most likely true, I guess you will be the judge of that)
5. I have tons of outfit pictures that I want to use, but I only have one photo in each outfit and all
blogs have multiple pictures of the same outfit and my blog should be
like that too (false!!! If
what I'm writing and posting about is my
style and my life, then I don't have to follow the same
everyone else, right??)
6. [Intentionally left blank for hundreds of other excuses that I made]
So now that I really have run out of excuses, here I am, typing this stream of consciousness and hoping it has been entertaining enough that you will stick around to see my outfit pictures, crazy shoes, and lots and lots of bows. And hopefully a witty caption or two, most likely including some sort of play on words. And with that, I will bow out.